Friday, April 10, 2009

What's Jesus's Real Name - Christian Thought

I've been studying Christianity for over 30 years now and would really like to know what his real name actually is. What was Jesus's real name? In the new International Version Bible it states.

This is from the book Matthew in the New Testament.

22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 23 "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" which means, "God with us."

24When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife. 25 But he had no union with her until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus.

Jesus has always made sense to me, because I was raised speaking the English language. It wasn't until I was in my teens that I first heard some one tell me about Yahweh and that's pronounced (YAH-WAY) . Now I had a hard enough time, the first time I seen Jesus's name on one of the payroll sheets at work. I couldn't believe my eyes, Jesus was working with us, and I wanted to meet him. Lots of luck, come to find out he was a very busy person.

Later on I found out that Jesus is a popular Spanish name and is pronounced (hey zoos), and that's who was working with me. Now again this isn't the only name for Jesus. How about: God, Lord, Word, Messiah, Alpha and Omega, Redeemer, Savior, Lamb of God, Light of the World, Ruler of Creation, Immanuel , King of the Jews and Rabbi.

Another program I watched, said that Jesus's name was Joshua and was pronounced Yeho-shua . I guess Yeho-shua is the closest I have came to his actual Christian name that might have been given by his mother Mary and father Joseph. Oh wait a minute, there weren't Christians back then so this would have been his actual Jewish name.

Well that's the best I could do, good luck on your search for Jesus's real name. Have fun.

What Happened to the Wise Men's Gifts

You are free to copy this article to your site as long as you include the following resource information with an active link to my site: Greg Vanden Berge is a published author, internet marketing expert, motivational inspiration to millions of people all over the world and is sharing some of his wisdom with experts in the fields of writing,marketing, and personal development.

Greg is currently working on a self help library filled with great subjects on a wide array of topics, like religion, self help and spiritual changes in the world. His views on religious freedom are slowly changing the way people think about institutional religion.

12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment