Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Rheem Gas Furnace is Quite the Addition to Any House

With science and technology advancing ever forward, there are all kinds of new ways to look at heating systems for your household. A good residential furnace should last about twenty years, on the average. This can also be expected of the Rheem gas furnace. If you are needing to replace an old unit, it would be a good idea to do so as soon as possible. With the cost of fuel being so high and winter months nearly upon us, it is best to do the replacement now and benefit from the cost savings.

Traditionally, my homes have used oil furnaces for heating. For whatever reasons, I never felt comfortably warm. Wood stoves have been the only heating source that have kept me warm during the long New England months. However, I am now in my 50's and wood heat is extremely high maintenance and no longer as practical. I decided to have a Rheem gas furnace installed in my home for this winter. Though it is only late October as I write this, we have already experienced several nights of frost, hurricane winds and 2 inches of snow. It can be bitter cold out there and I want to stay warm. So far, my new furnace is doing the job. I'll be keeping a running journal of my experiences with this system throughout this first winter. Because I keep fuel receipts for several years, I'll be able to do a cost comparison for myself.

For those of you who are thinking about making a switch to a Rheem gas furnace, you should be prepared for the process of installation. With my old oil furnace, hot water piping was used to heat my house. I didn't have a duct system in place. Because I am also thinking about a cooling system for the summer months, some greater adaptations were required. No matter how well prepared one is for construction, it's always unsettling to have holes cut in the floors of your house. Also, there is all kinds of wood dust as a result of this work. One thing I would urge, is that you discuss clean-up with the Rheem dealership. It may be that they will take the extra time to clean behind themselves, especially if they know how important this is to you.

Simon Harris writes about the Rheem Gas Furnace at http://www.gasfurnacereview.com

Roof Repairs

No comments:

Post a Comment